LinkedIn Learning is a massive online platform that offers hundreds of courses in different subjects. As its name suggests, this platform is a subsidiary of LinkedIn. The courses offered by LinkedIn Learning feature industry experts.
You can find typically three categories of courses on this platform – technology, creative, and business. You’ll also receive personalized recommendations for courses that’ll boost your skills. Many of the videos also come equipped with assessments and exercises for an enriched experience.
LinkedIn Learning Cost
If this is your first time subscribing to LinkedIn Learning, you can avail a 1-month free trial. After this free trial, you can choose to pay for individual courses or subscribe to monthly or annual plans. The monthly subscription costs $29.99, while the yearly plan will cost you $239.88.
You can also contact them for pricing plans for your entire organization or team. Also, if you already have a LinkedIn premium account, you won’t have to pay separately for LinkedIn Learning.
How to cancel LinkedIn Learning
You can end your LinkedIn Learning subscription at any time. Go to the ‘Manage Premium Account’ option from your LinkedIn Learning account.
It will take you to the Premium Subscriptions setting page. From there, you have to select ‘cancel subscription’ under manage subscription.
Even after cancellation, you’ll have access to your LinkedIn Learning profile. However, the paid courses will no longer be available after the billing cycle.
Cancel on PC
For cancelling your LinkedIn Learning subscription, all you need to do is follow seven simple steps. So, if you have your LinkedIn Learning premium account open in front of you, let’s go step-by-step!
- Step 1: Once you have your LinkedIn Learning account opened in front of you, look for the “Work” option. You’ll find it on the top right of the menu on your LinkedIn Learning home page. Once you find the specific option, select it.
- Step 2: After clicking the “Work” option, you’ll be redirected to the page that displays your profile. Find and click on the profile picture in the top left corner of the webpage.
- Step 3: Step three includes going to the “Settings” menu.
- Step 4: In the settings menu, you’ll find an option “Manage Your Account.” Under that option, click on “Manage.”
- Step 5: It will redirect you to the “My premium” LinkedIn page. Once you have the “My Premium” page opened, select “Manage Premium Account.”
- Step 6: In this step, click on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Step 7: After clicking “Cancel Subscription”, the final page will clarify that you’ll lose access to the paid courses. If you are sure of your decision, click on “Continue to Cancel.”
Cancel on Android phones
Merely deleting the LinkedIn Learning application from your phone won’t cut it. You have to follow the below five steps to cancel LinkedIn Learning.
- Step 1: Firstly, open Google Play Store. Make sure to log in with the Google account that you use for LinkedIn Learning.
- Step 2: Click on the menu and then select “Subscriptions.”
- Step 3: Select the LinkedIn Learning Subscription you want to cancel. Then, tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- Step 4: Finish up the cancellation process by clicking “Continue to Cancel.”
Cancel on iPhone or iPad
This step-by-step guide works for cancelling LinkedIn Learning premium on both iPad and iPhone.
- Step 1: Start the process by opening the Settings app and tap on your profile.
- Step 2: Then, go to the “Subscriptions” tab. If this tab is not visible, tap on Appstore & iTunes.
- Step 3: In the next step, you have to tap on your Apple ID. Look for and select the “Subscriptions” button.
- Step 4: You’ll find LinkedIn Learning after clicking on the subscriptions button. Click on the LinkedIn Learning account you want to review.
- Step 5: Finally, tap on the “Cancel” option.
Is LinkedIn Learning Worth It?
If you are a professional looking to diversify your skill sets, LinkedIn Learning will prove to be resourceful for you. The platform offers expert courses in three different fields. The course instructors are subject matter experts who collaborate with LinkedIn Learning to provide a superior learning experience.
LinkedIn Learning has both pros and cons. For starters, you can display all the certificates earned through LinkedIn Learning on your LinkedIn profile.
Pros of LinkedIn Learning
- 1-month free trial is available
- Earn a certificate for the completed courses
- Features for offline viewing
- Courses on LinkedIn Premium are self-paced
- LinkedIn Learning courses are offered in multiple languages.
Cons of LinkedIn Learning
- Course completion certificates aren’t accredited.
- Limited course topics such as technology, creativity, and business
Is LinkedIn Learning free for students?
Typically, LinkedIn Learning is not available to students for free. They have to pay the same subscription fees as others to access the complete resource library. LinkedIn Learning offers free subscriptions for students belonging to specific colleges and universities.
However, you can gain access to free LinkedIn by registering with Microsoft’s Visual Dev Essentials Program. This method will give you 3-month access to Linked premium features and also LinkedIn Learning.
You can download the LinkedIn Learning app for free of cost on your Android or Apple devices. There are many courses that you can access for free as well. There are 350+ hours of free online resources available right now. However, you will need to pay a subscription fee to access LinkedIn Learning’s entire library.
Apart from premium social features, the premium membership also includes access to LinkedIn Learning. If you own a LinkedIn premium account, you can enjoy surfing LinkedIn Learning for no additional subscription fees.
If you are 100% sure that LinkedIn Learning cannot help you, the steps to cancel the subscription are pretty straightforward. However, you should know that you can use its unique features till the renewal date. Hope this article helped you cancel your LinkedIn Learning subscription successfully.